Even with the rise of social media, email is still one of the most effective and efficient ways to communicate with your church.
As a church leader, you can use email to talk about money, generosity and stewardship in your church.
Here are five copy-and-paste emails you can send your congregation (or specific groups in your congregation.) Click Here to Download all of these emails in one PDF.
- Email to thank donors
- Email to encourage generosity
- Email to encourage online giving
- Email to explain recurring donations
- Email to send to a first time donor
With each email, you will want to personalize and customize to fit your church and reflect your style. Make it sound more like “you.” And of course, don’t forget to update links.
Email #1 – Send to Existing Donors
This is an email designed to say thanks. You can send it with a quarterly contribution statement or as a monthly update. It’s full of inspiration and thanks.
Subject: Thank you, Thank You, Thank You…
I’m emailing today to simply say “thank you.”
The first part of 2016 has been an amazing year for our church, and you’re a big reason why. We’ve been able to share Jesus with children, baptize numerous adults, and support lots of great people in our community. This video sums it all up.
I could go on and on about all God is doing at Cross Church, and I can’t thank you enough. I know you’re not giving to get recognition, and I know your ultimate reward is in heaven. But I want you to hear thanks here on earth. (Plus, I really hope they don’t have email in heaven.)
Your contributions are important. Your donation matters. And you are making a difference.
Email #2 – Send to the Entire Church
This email is designed to encourage your church in the area of generosity. Send it to everyone on your email list.
Subject: Three Reasons I Give to My Church
I’m blessed to be the pastor of Cross Church. I tell people that all the time.
But I’m not just the pastor. Cross Church is MY church. We’re in a small group that meets on Wednesday nights. Micah’s small group leader is Ethan. And we financially support our church by giving a tithe.
Here are three reasons Katie and I do this and why we think you should too.
- I want to be an example to my kids. Generosity is more than an attitude – it’s an action. I want my children to know that I don’t just feel generous, but that I actually give.
- I believe in our mission. I believe “reaching people far from God so they can have new life in Christ” is important. Those aren’t just words on the banner in our lobby – they have a lot of meaning to our family.
- I want to make a difference. When I give to Cross Church, I’m making a dent in eternity. I’m so proud of all our church is doing around the world, and I consider it an honor to be a supporter.
Those are just three reasons Katie and I give to Cross Church. I’d love to invite you to do the same. In fact, I’d love to encourage you to do what we do.
Here’s a link to our online giving page where you can make a one time donation right now or set up a profile and manage your generosity.
P.S. If you ever have questions about the finances or want more information, just let me know.
Email #3 – Send this to your Entire Church
This is another email you can send to your church to encourage generosity.
I became the pastor of Cross Church in 2011 and immediately fell in love with Townsville. We loved the cool weather in the fall, the hamburgers at Franks Hamburger Stand, and of course…the amazing people.
The other day, I heard there were more than 1.5 million charities in the United States. There are so many needs out there and I know it can be overwhelming. Whether it’s rounding up at the grocery store or calling an 800 number after a commercial on TV, you have so many opportunities to give.
But there really is nothing like the local church. Jesus said, “I will build my church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it.” Out of all the ways Jesus could have delivered his message of grace to the world, he chose the local church.
We’ve seen God do amazing things in the last four years. Here are just a few examples of God’s goodness in our community:
- 28 people have been baptized.
- 332 children have heard the Gospel at Vacation Bible School.
- 73 men from Cross Church have gone on International mission trips.
- We’ve given $23,233 to local ministries and new churches.
We’re doing an important, eternal work and I would love for you to be involved. That’s why I’m not embarrassed to ask you to support the mission here.
You can go to this page and make a donation. You can also create a profile and set up a recurring contribution. It’s safe and secure, and it will really make a difference at home and around the world.
I hope you become a generous person (God loves that!). And I hope you will be a part of what God is doing at Cross Church.
Email #4 – Send to Existing Donors
This email is designed to encourage someone to move from in-service or online giving to regular, recurring giving.You could send it to everyone who gives, but hasn’t yet set up regular, recurring donations.
Subject: Do you know about this?
Hey, it’s Pastor Chris here.
I wanted to be sure you knew about this feature on our website. It might make giving a little easier for you. And to be honest, it would be a huge win for our church.
I’m talking about using our website to give online. It’s really simple (instructions below) and it’s 100% secure.
Three Steps to Setting Up a Giving Profile
- Go to this page.
- Create a profile. You’ll be able to login anytime and see your giving history and make changes if needed. It really is simple.
- Set up your donation details. You can choose to give one time or set up weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly contributions. Your information is safely encrypted and processed.
Beth and I give to Cross Church this way and I’d love to invite you to do the same.
Email #5 – Send to First Time Donors
This email is designed to thank a first time donor. You should personalize the name and update the links. There is a question at the end designed to begin a conversation.
Subject: Thanks (plus two links and a question)
There are more than 1.5 million charities in the United States, and you chose to give to Cross Church.
That’s amazing, and I just want to say thanks.
All of us here are so honored to have your support. My prayer is that God would take your contribution and do amazing things in our community.
I wanted to send you two links I think you might find useful.
- Here’s a link to our 2015 Annual Report. If you’re wondering how we spend money, this report should answer those questions.
- Here’s a video we showed in a service recently. Your gift makes things like that possible.
I’d also love to ask one simple question. You can hit reply and your answer will come straight to me.
What made you decide to give?
Want all of these emails in one easy to use file? Click Here to Download all of these emails in one PDF.