Here's a sample letter you can send to people who have visited your church in the last six months. It's a re-engagement letter, designed to speak to those who visited a while back but haven't connected just yet.
It's simple to use.
- Run a report of all first-time guests over the past six months. Exclude those who have visited in the last two weeks.
- Scan the list and remove people who live out of town or you know have connected.
- Send the following snail mail letter to the address you have on file.
Letter to Guests
Several months ago, you visited City Church for the first time and we just wanted to check in one more time. It can be tough to connect to a new church, but I wanted to offer you a few ideas if we were still on your mind.
- A small group is a great place to meet people and study the Bible. The people in my group have become great friends.
- You could take a class on theology, the Bible, or leadership at City Church University. You don’t have to be a church member to attend.
- You can use your gifts and talents to serve others by joining a volunteer team. I believe you have something to offer and we’d love to help you find the right place.
- If you have children or teenagers, we have small groups for them too. They learn about the Bible, meet friends, and connect with a leader who will help them follow Jesus.
Of course, City Church may not be the perfect fit for you. If that’s the case, we hope you find a church home that will help you grow in your faith and empower you to serve others. There are a bunch of great churches in our area, and I’d be happy to personally recommend one to you. We just want you to connect somewhere.
If you have any questions, you can call me at 999-999-9999. Please let me know if there’s anything we could do for you.