Last Updated 8/6/18
Effective Date 4/5/16
Collection of User Information
The information we may collect includes, but may not be limited to:
- Your contact information to register to receive our newsletter and other company related updates, promotions and materials from us, such as your first name, last name, phone number, and email address;
- Your transaction history relating to the use of our products and services;
- Information regarding your browser and other technical specifications required to use our Site;
- Computer data or files, often called “cookies,” which may be sent by your web browser and stored on an individual computer to allow our server to “recognize” you through the navigation of the Site, and for us to credit your account for various online transactions;
- Computer data files, often called “web beacons” that are collected from emails or links on third-party sites that allow our server to evaluate the popularity of those links or the information contained in emails or on third-party sites; and
- Your IP address to measure our website traffic and to help provide a more personalized experience.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site and System are not designed for children, and we do not knowingly collect information from any person under the age of 13.
Use and Sharing of User Information
We collect information about you in order to provide you with services and products that may be of interest to you, and also to collect information that is necessary for the System to work properly. We use personal information about our users for a variety of purposes related to our business, including but not limited to:
- Allowing you to receive information from Church Fuel regarding your products or services,
- Tracking information about your visits to our Site or use of the System to allow us to provide better service;
- Using certain online preferences, or information in the aggregate across all users to evaluate the System and enhance or develop additional products and services to offer;
- Contacting you regarding an inquiry on the System that you have initiated;
- Sending or initiating direct marketing programs, such as newsletters or information about new products or services we are offering as well as those of our parent organization (Thrivent Financial for Lutherans), and/or its affiliates and subsidiaries, or other organizations that we think may be of interest to you;
- Using content from social media platforms where you discuss our products or use a hashtag related to our products;
- Providing information about your usage or preferences to our third-party vendors and providers
- For any purpose for which you have given us consent;
- To resolve disputes, if needed; and
We may share information, in the aggregate, regarding your online browsing preferences to evaluate our products or allow third parties we work with to better serve our users.
We may share your personal information in connection with law enforcement requests or in response to investigations, subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims or as otherwise required by law.
We may provide user information to third-party service providers, vendors or partners, for purposes of, including without limitation, initiating direct marketing programs on our behalf, data tracking, maintenance or development of our System, development of online products and services or customer service or new product development, or other contracted promotional opportunities provided to our users.
Do Not Track Signals
We do not share personally identifiable information about your online activities through web tracking mechanisms, therefore “Do Not Track” signals are not honored. Information collected or shared about your online activity does not identify you.
We may also disclose your information to a third party as part of reorganization or a sale of the assets of Church Fuel, or its subsidiaries or divisions. Any third party to which Church Fuel transfers or sells the System or related assets will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that you provide to us.
We may also use third-party vendors, such as Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, to advertise to our users online. These third-party vendors may display Church Fuel product advertisements on other websites based on your internet usage. More specifically, these vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytic cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to the Site or another site affiliated with Church Fuel products or services. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies is not linked to any personally identifiable information (name, address, email address, or phone number) we collect or you provide on the website. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising by using Google’s Ads Settings.
Protection of User Information
We maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for all user information collected in our System. Whenever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page. The computers/servers in which we store sensitive, or personally identifiable information, are kept in a secure environment. Furthermore, only authorized employees and representatives may access and use data about you. Those who use your data must follow established standards, procedures and laws.
Opt Out of Data Sharing and Email Marketing
You can choose to limit the personal information shared by us as follows:
- You may opt-out of data sharing and email marketing by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- You may limit the collection of “cookies” through your browser settings. However, this may disable our ability to provide you with the most relevant products or information regarding the System; and
- You may limit the ability of Google Analytics to track your online activity, as outlined in the “Behavioral Advertising” section.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits users that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at:
31 Church Street
Alpharetta GA 30009
31 Church Street
Alpharetta GA 30009